Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Travel Bug Update 4/22/09

I can't decide who is having more fun watching our travel bugs move along, me or my students. They have seen a lot of action these last few weeks, so I thought I would update you on their progress!


Mr. Frecklehead is the first travel bug to reach its goal. I never imagined it happening so fast. But sure enough, it made its way to the Eiffel Tower logging more than 4,500 miles!






Nugget has been very busy these last few days. Just heard he got picked up again. He recently visited Echo Canyon in Utah, an old stop of the Pony Express. He has logged more than 1,900 miles.







Lightning Bug was in Georgia but was recently picked up. Awaiting to see where she is dropped off. She has logged the least amount of miles so far.







Boogler was picked up back in February but hasn't been moved yet. Sent an email to the geocacher to nudge him/her along. Hopefully, we will hear back soon. Last time Boogler was sited, he was outside Chicago, IL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent use of Geocaching in education. I have just developed the same activity that will be linked with my year 7 geography class. You can read about it here

http://mrrobbo.wordpress.com/2009/04/06/how-im-sending-my-students-around-the-world/


Looking forward 2 seeing where you bugs end up