Thursday, April 23, 2009

Community Walk

Last week I discovered a new tool, Community Walk. A map making tool, you can create custom map tours. I’m think this would be a wonderful way for me to keep track of our travel bugs from this school year to the next. First, I thought I would use the maps generated by Geocaching.com but realized the students could not see those maps as you have to be logged in. (Those were the snapshots from the previous post.) Next, I thought about using Google Earth but realized it would be difficult for this year’s class to keep track. I don’t want have to constantly upload updated KMZ files. Since Community Walk is online, I can post a link to the map on my Web page and students can check in from time to time. Has anyone used this site before? I'm still trying to figure it all out and would appreciate any tips.

http://www.communitywalk.com/

No comments: