Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Nugget Travel Bug Found!

In mid June, I received a log post from waterboy1277 through my Geocaching.com site that my travel bug, Nugget, had gone missing.

"I'm sorry to say that I think that this was muggled, I talked to some fellow cachers I came across in the area I left this bug and they told me the contents of that cache were everywhere. They said that the TB was not there. I went to go and see for myself and look around the area just in case it was tossed aside. I could not find it. I am sorry but I think it is MIA."

Of course, extremely disappointed, I was going to have to tell my students about Nugget's demise.

Then yesterday, six weeks after he went missing, gecoacher candum "grabbed it, got it in a different nearby cache. it was in cache called House for a Buck just a mile or so north. took it back to wyoming."

I can't tell you how excited I am that he has been found. I will be presenting at a conference about geocaching and using travel bugs in the elementary curriculum in November. His travels are an important part of that presentation. YEAH!

No comments: